This hardware will allow you to process payments with Chip & Pin / Contactless (EMV) hardware. Please make sure you have you have purchased a BBPOS WisePOS™ E before installing the EMV app.
Click here for list of hardware supported by Xola.
- Navigate to the Xola App Store by clicking the App Store tab in the upper right hand corner.
- Locate EMV and select the App Store tile.
- Click the green Install or Request Access (while in beta) button. If you had to request access we'll reach out when the app has been installed.
- Now, pull the door off from the bottom left corner of the device and insert the battery. Once this battery is inserted, push the battery door back on.
- Hold the power button on the right-hand side of the device to power on.
- Once powered on, the device will ask you to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Hit the 'Change Wi-Fi' button and find your Wi-Fi network. Click on the Wi-Fi network and enter the password, if needed.
- Once connected, hit the back arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will be taken to the Payment Screen which is a screen that says Payments by Stripe.
- Go to your Xola Account and Log in.
- Navigate to Settings > Payment Details > Click on Hardware.
- The BBPOS WisePOS™ E pairs with a laptop/desktop computers. Both the computer and the device need to be on the same network in order to pair and maintain a connection.
- Next, click on +Add device
- Label: Name your Device
Registration Code: This requires you to enter the following sequence on your BBPOS WisePOS™ E
- Swipe over on the left-hand side to the right side
- Click on Settings on the device screen
- Enter the key sequence 0-7-1-3-9 for your admin code.
- Click on Generate Pairing Code
- Enter the generated code from the device in the Registration Code field in Xola.
- Click Add Device in Xola.
- After adding the device, you will see an option to pair the device. This is the final step in setting up your hardware.
If you successfully complete the above steps you are now ready to take payments. A new payment option will be present when making a booking in the back-office. Once you select the EMV logo you will have 5 minutes to process a card. If it fails you will have the option to try another card or use a different payment method. All bookings made via your Chip & Pin hardware will be tagged EMV.