XolaBot's Add-on Upsell feature helps you sell more add-ons during check-out. XolaBot makes suggestions to guests that they include popular add-ons to their booking before checking out.
What's covered in this article:
- Getting started with Xolabot Add-on Upsell
- How to configure Xolabot Add-on Upsell
- How it works on your website
Getting started with Xolabot Add-on Upsell
- Navigate to the Xola App Store by clicking the App Store tab in the upper right-hand corner.
- Locate Xolabot Add-on Upsell and select the App Store tile.
- Click the green Install button
- Go to Marketing>Xolabot> Apps> Xolabot Add-on Upsell and click on the Configure button
How to configure Xolabot Add-on Upsell
Once on the settings page, you have the following configuration options:
PERSONALIZE: Personalize the upsell copy to make it relevant to your business and your customers
Title (required): Customers who booked also bought
Description (optional): Describe
- ADD-ONS TO UPSELL: Select which add-ons you’d like to upsell for each of your products.
- Each Listing you have will be presented. Hit the arrow next to the listing to see the add-on for that listing.
- Choose which add-on you would like to upsell by clicking the box next to it.
- To reorder the add-ons and the order they are shown to your customer, click and hold the three lines on the left side, then drag the add-on to the order you would like.
Things to keep in mind:
- A maximum of 3 add-ons will be presented to your customer during the upsell.
If an add-on is already present in the cart, the customer will not be presented with further add-on upsell items. (Essentially customer only gets the add-ons upsell if no items are selected).
- A customer will only be given the option to purchases the add on once. If they exit the popup, they will not see the upsell window option again.
- Add-on Upsell currently does not work on mobile.
- Add-on Upsell will not work if your website's button redirects to a Xola hosted page in new a tab.
- Add-on Upsell will not work with packages or cross-account selling.
How it works on your website
While a customer is checking out for an experience, XolaBot asks the customer if they would be interested in purchasing an add-on, based on your configuration above. When the customer selects the Continue button in a checkout, a modal pop will display the add ons that are available.
Note: The customer can elect to add an add-on to one of the booking or exit and continue the checkout as-is.