Xola supports four different fee structures:
- Flex Level, Guest Pays
- Flex Level, Company Pays
- Flex Standard, Guest Pays
- Flex Standard, Company Pays
This article addresses frequently asked questions about Flex Level, Guest Pays -- where a 3% fee is assessed evenly across all transactions and is paid by your Guest.
If you have any other questions please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com.
How much is the booking fee?
The typical booking fee is 3%.
The fee is assessed on top of you configured price. For example, if your experience has a price of $100, the final amount that the Guest is charged will be $103 ($100 + 3%). This way, what you receive in your account is what you had configured.
Here is an example of what a purchase may look like:
What is the booking fee assessed on?
The booking fee is assessed on the sub-total, before taxes & fees.
This means the booking fee will decrease if you apply coupons or discounts to the booking. Conversely, the booking fee will increase if you have custom line items, add-ons, etc.
Who pays the booking fee?
The booking fee is paid by your Guest.
Is the booking fee assessed on all methods of payment (including cash)?
Yes. The booking fee is assessed on all methods of payment including cash, credit card, check, and any other custom payment methods you may have configured.
Does Xola keep all the booking fees?
Xola only keeps booking fees assessed on credit card transactions. In your transaction reports, you'll see these titled Partner Fees.
Any booking fees assessed on offline methods of payment (cash, check, etc.) will not be taken by Xola and are yours to keep. In your transaction reports, you'll see these titled Guest Fees.
How are the booking fees collected for deposits and split payments?
Booking fees are collected proportional to the partial amount paid.
- You have a booking for $100 with a booking fee of $3 (total price = $103)
- Your guest makes a deposit or split payment of $20.
- Xola now determines the proportion of the payment to the full amount (i.e. how much is $20 out of $103). In this case, it comes out to 19.42% (20/103).
- Xola then takes 19.42% of the $3 booking fee, which comes out to $0.58.
This is how the transaction would appear in your reports.
Can I customize how booking fees are shown on checkout?
If the guest is paying the Booking Fee, it will show in your checkout. You have two options to show this fee.
1. Show the Taxes and Fees as separate line items when hovered over:
2. Show Taxes and Fees as one simple line item, that combines them together:
You can configure whether the booking fees are lumped with your other taxes & fees, or if it is displayed separately. See Checkout Preferences.