Resources are items like equipment or guides that you use to run your experience. Equipment resources can be configured to only allow certain tours to run at once or automatically keep track of how many pieces of equipment are in use so you don’t get overbooked. Guide resources allow you to avoid accidentally double assigning a guide as well as notifying a guide when they have been assigned to an event.
Not everyone needs to set up resources, maybe you don't need to either. If your experience doesn't require resources to be reserved for use, please skip to the next article.
First, let’s set up a piece of equipment.
- Navigate to Resources > Equipment
- Click the add button in the top-right corner
- Name your piece of equipment.
- Add a count, this is the number of identical equipment items. For example, if you have 3 buses that hold the exact same number of people, set the count to 3
- Set the capacity. This is the number of spots a single equipment item can accommodate. For example, a bus with 10 seats should have a capacity of 10.
- You have the option of adding a schedule of equipment availability. If you leave the schedule blank, Xola will assume it is always available.
- Click Listing Assignment to the left. Here you can assign the equipment to be utilized by specific listing. By assigning a piece of equipment to a listing, you are telling Xola that this listing requires this piece of equipment to be available. If this equipment is assigned to multiple listings, Xola will only allow availability for these listings if this equipment is not already in use.
Now, let’s configure a Guide
- Navigate to Resources > Guide Management
- Click Add Guide
- Start by adding a name, phone number, email address, and a short bio of the guide.
- Only the name and email address is required to set up a guide.
- Once you click save, you will have the option of adding a photo to represent the guide to your customers as well as a schedule of availability. Xola will only allow you to assign a guide to an experience if they have scheduled availability.
Note: You must have a schedule for your guide, in order to assign them to an event.