This app will allow you to process payments with Chip & Pin / Contactless (EMV) hardware. Please make sure you have you have purchased a BBPOS Chipper or other Chip & Pin Hardware before installing this app. Note this mobile device is currently available for Iphone only, read about installing for desktop devices here.
- Navigate to the Xola App Store by clicking the App Store tab in the upper right hand corner.
- Locate EMV and select the App Store tile.
- Click the green Install or Request Access (while in beta) button. If you had to request access we'll reach out when the app has been installed.
- Once installed from the App Store, you will also need to make sure to download current version of Xola for your mobile device.
- Upon opening Xola initially be sure to tap Accept while being prompted to Allow Bluetooth to access the Xola App (IOS)
- Power on the BBPOS Chipper device
- When ready to connect the device’s light will: flash blue every 1-3 seconds
- You are now ready to pair the device
- Tap the Xola Menu Icon on the top left hand side of the screen
- Tap Payment Hardware
- Tap Discover Devices
- Once the Chipper device is Discovered the name of the device (ex: CHB000000000000) will be displayed under the Nearby Devices column
- Tap the blue Pair button to the right of the device name
- Once connected the BBPOS Chipper’s light will remain a solid blue color until stand-by mode is activated
- Once connected and ready the device status will update to Bluetooth status: connected
If you successfully complete the above steps you are now ready to take payments. A new payment option will be present when making a booking in the back-office. Once you select the Chip & Pin logo you will have 5 minutes to process a card. If it fails you will have the option to try another card or use a different payment method. All bookings made via your Chip & Pin hardware will be tagged EMV.