This app will allow you to process payments with Chip & Pin / Contactless (EMV) hardware. Please make sure you have you have purchased a BBPOS Chipper or Reader M2 Hardware before installing this app. Note this mobile device is currently available for iPhone only, read about installing for desktop devices here.
- Navigate to the Xola App Store by clicking the App Store tab in the upper right hand corner.
- Locate EMV and select the App Store tile.
- Click the green Install or Request Access (while in beta) button. If you had to request access we'll reach out when the app has been installed.
- Once installed from the App Store, you will also need to make sure to download current version of Xola for your mobile device.
- Upon opening Xola on your Mobile device initially be sure to tap Accept while being prompted to Allow Bluetooth to access the Xola App (IOS)
- Power on the BBPOS Chipper or Reader M2 device
- When ready to connect the device’s light will: flash blue every 1-3 seconds
- You are now ready to pair the device
- In Mobile App go Settings
- Tap Payment Hardware
- Tap Discover Devices
- Once the Chipper or Reader M2 device is Discovered the name of the device (ex: CHB000000000000) will be displayed under the Nearby Devices column
- Tap the blue Pair button to the right of the device name
- You may be asked for a pin when connecting the device for the first time. This can be found on the back of the device in the top corner, in the bubble.
- Once connected the BBPOS Chipper’s or Reader M2's light will remain a solid blue color until stand-by mode is activated
- Once connected and ready the device status will update to Bluetooth status: connected
If you successfully complete the above steps you are now ready to take payments. A new payment option will be present when making a booking in the back-office. Once you select the Chip & Pin logo you will have 5 minutes to process a card. If it fails you will have the option to try another card or use a different payment method. All bookings made via your Chip & Pin hardware will be tagged EMV.
For more instructions and troubleshooting from Stripe on the Chipper click here.
For more instructions and troubleshooting from Stripe on the Reader M2 click here.