This app will allow you to process payments with Chip & Pin / Contactless (EMV) hardware. Please make sure you have you have purchased a Verifone P400 before installing this app.
- Navigate to the Xola App Store by clicking the App Store tab in the upper right hand corner.
- Locate Chip & Pin / Contactless Payments and select the App Store tile.
- Click the green Install or Request Access (while in beta) button. If you had to request access we'll reach out when the app has been installed.
- Once installed from the App Store, navigate to Settings > Payment Details > Click on Hardware.
- Here are a few things to keep in mind while setting up your device:
- The Verifone will need to be plugged into a power source with the provided power cord.
- The device also comes with an adapter to plug in an Ethernet. Make sure you place the Ethernet cable in the correct port labeled “ETH”. Xola cannot support wifi connections for these devices at this time.
- The Verifone pairs with a laptop/desktop computers. Both the computer and the device need to be on the same network in order to pair and maintain a connection.
- Next, click on +Add device
- Label: Name your Device
- Registration Code: This requires you to enter the following sequence on your Verifone P400 device.
- Enter the key sequence 0-7-1-3-9 to display a unique registration code on your device.
- Enter the generated code from the device in the Registration Code field in Xola.
- Click Add Device
- After adding the device, you will see an option to pair the device. This is the final step in setting up your hardware.
If you successfully complete the above steps you are now ready to take payments. A new payment option will be present when making a booking in the back-office. Once you select the Chip & Pin logo you will have 5 minutes to process a card. If it fails you will have the option to try another card or use a different payment method. All bookings made via your Chip & Pin hardware will be tagged EMV.