Xola supports four different fee structures:
- Flex Level, Guest Pays
- Flex Level, Company Pays
- Flex Standard, Guest Pays
- Flex Standard, Company Pays
This article addresses frequently asked questions about Flex Standard, Company Pays -- where a 6% fee is assessed on Online (Website) Credit Card transactions and is absorbed by your Company.
If you have any other questions please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much is the booking fee?
The typical booking fee is 6%.
The fee is assessed on top of you configured price.
What is the booking fee assessed on?
The booking fee is assessed the sub-total before taxes & fees.
This means the booking fee will decrease if apply coupons or discounts to the booking. Conversely, the booking fee will increase if you have custom line items, add-ons, etc.
Who pays the booking fee?
The booking fee is paid by your Company.
Is the booking fee assessed on all methods of payment (including cash)?
No. The Booking Fee is only assessed on Online (Website) Credit Card Transactions.
How are the booking fees collected for deposits and split payments?
Booking fees are collected proportional to the partial amount paid.
- You have a booking for $100 with a booking fee of $6 (total price = $106)
- Your guest makes a deposit or split payment of $20.
- Xola now determines the proportion of the payment to the full amount (i.e. how much is $20 out of $106). In this case, it comes out to 18.87% (20/106).
- Xola then takes 18.87% of the $6 booking fee, which comes out to $1.13.
Will my guest see a booking fee?
When the Booking Fee is configured to be paid by the company, only the company sees the fee; the guest will never see a fee. The fee is deducted from the earnings of the company and will be seen in your reporting under the Partner Fee column. It is not shown in the purchases tab because it is not an additional fee added to the purchase, but rather a percentage deducted from the total that is reconciled via your payouts from Xola.