When setting up scheduled, Xola provides the option to have a price change (either increase or decrease) associated with that schedule.
Maybe there are a few days throughout the year where you raise or lower your prices - for the Spring Break, something big is going on in town, or you're hosting a special event ... Whatever the reason, you can use a Custom Schedule to specify price increases or decreases on specific days throughout the year. You can also use Schedule-Based Pricing on a recurring basis - for example in order to charge higher prices on weekends.
Setting up Schedule-based Pricing:
- Go to Products > Listings > and select the listing for which you would like to set up schedule-based pricing.
- Scroll down to Schedule and select +Add Schedule.
- Input a schedule name and select Open for the availability.
- If you would like the price change to be recurring (i.e. to charge $10 more on weekends) select Weekly. Or select Custom to select a single day or a few days of the year (i.e. to set up a $15 increase for the week of Spring Break).
- Set up the date or dates and times for the price change. You can also set up certain timeslots to have the price change (i.e. to make early morning offerings $5 less).
- In the Price row, select either Increase or Decrease by from the drop-down menu, and specify the dollar amount. The dollar amount by which you increase or decrease the price will apply across all pricing demographics.
- Click Save.