Custom Report Templates allows you to create and save your own custom reports based on a suggested template. Report Templates in Xola allow you to choose which columns you'd like to show and apply rule-based filters to those columns. With this level of customization, you can create and save different types of reports to help answer a myriad of business questions. Here a just a few examples:
- How many confirmed bookings with a balance due greater than zero do I have scheduled for the upcoming month of July?
- How much revenue did I generate from bookings made last year with the coupon code SUMMERSPECIAL?
- How many Children were booked on Listing A for events that occurred in the afternoon last week?
Create and Save a New Custom Report
- Start by navigating to Reports > Report Templates. From there, choose a report from the list of suggested reports.
- Currently, you can choose from the Bookings Report and Bookings Grouped by Listing, and Transactions (more report templates are on the way!).
- Next, choose which columns you would like to appear by selecting the Columns drop-down. Any column with a checkmark will appear in the table.
- Apply column filters to further refine the data that appears in the report. Once a filter has been applied, select the update report button to pull the latest dataset. What filters are available to you will depend on the column type.
- Text columns: Can be filtered by value, either by selecting which specific values you want to appear or by searching for a specific text string.
- Numerical columns: Can be filtered by value, or by a math equation.
- For example, you could filter for values that are greater than or equal to 100.
- Date columns: Can be filtered by value, or by date range.
- For example, you could filter for dates that are after January 1st.
- Once you've made the changes you want to see for your report, select the green save button to create a new report!
- If you're making adjustments to one of your saved reports that you'd like to save but you do not want to make a new report type, select save as new.
- Give your report a name, and select save report.
You can also export your report to a .xlsx file by selecting the export button.
Now that you've saved a new report, you can come back to it any time by visiting the Report Templates page.
Example of a date column filter:
Example of a Numerical column filter: