Packages is a brand new product line and is currently only available to Beta users. If you're interested in joining the Beta group and testing out Xola Packages, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
The features available to your account are based on your pricing plan. Information on features and pricing is available here. Please contact us with any questions.
Create and Edit a Package
Packages allow you to bundle multiple Xola listings together into one single product offering. They’re a great way to group and showcase more than one experience offering while driving incremental revenue by encouraging larger bookings.
How Packages work - Quick Hits
- Packages are a combination of two or more Xola Listings.
- Listings in the same Package must share at least one common Global Demographic.
- Package bookings are handled as one single booking action & transaction for customers. For you (Xola Providers) Package bookings will behave in a very similar manner to normal bookings.
Create a new Package
Since packages are a combination of multiple Listings into one product offering, this means that some parts of Packaged bookings are derived from the "base Listings", and some are overridden at the package level.
When you create a new package, you'll enter new information for the parts of the Package that need to be combined when presenting your multiple Listings to customers as one Packaged offering.
To create a new package, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Products > Packages.
- Select the green “Create a Package” button.
- Enter a Title for your package.
- Select which Listings you want to make up the package offering.
- In order to be offered as a package, selected listings must share at least one common global demographic
- Note: Only listings that are priced “per person” can be included in a package.
- Enter an Excerpt: This is the text that will appear to your customers when they are checking out online.
- Enter a Description: This text is used when participating in Xola's optional distribution channels, meaning it will not be displayed to your customers when making a normal booking through a Xola checkout window.
- Set your recommended Duration between events.
- This value will be factored in when a customer goes to book a package from your website. For example, if you enter in 30 minutes as your Duration between Events, start times for events within a package booking made via checkout will be required to have at least 30 minutes buffering them.
- Add in any desired Blackout Schedules. If you choose to create and save a blackout schedule, packages bookings will not be available for that date range. The individual listings that make up a package will not be affected.
- Set your Start Time Restriction. This setting will limit what times customers booking the package via checkout can select. There are two options available when configuring this:
- Start times for events in package bookings must be on the same day.
- Start times for events in package bookings must be wthin...: If this option is chosen, you'll need to input a value that effectively creates a window of time within which start times for a package booking must fall. For example, if you enter in 4 hours, a customer could have one start time for Listing A at 12:00 PM and another for Listing B at 4:00 PM, but could not book Listing B at 5:00 PM.
- Describe your Cancellation Policy for this package’s bookings. This field is displayed in confirmation and reminder emails.
- Describe any Other Considerations that you want your customers to be made aware of once they book this package. This field is displayed in confirmation and reminder emails.
- Select “Save”
Now it’s time to set a price for your Package. You can configure a custom price for your package’s Demographics and Add-ons.
Package prices are set at the Demographic level. The Base Price that you see in this section is the sum of the demographic price for each individual listing that makes up the package. An easy way to describe this would be that the Base price represents what a customer would pay if they were to book each listing independently.
You have the option to set a demographic’s price by specifying a discrete dollar amount to be discounted, a percentage discount, or by simply choosing a final price. You can also add/remove a shared global demographic to/from the package offering.
If any of the listings that make up the package have Add-ons configured, they will appear on this page.
Similar to demographics, You have the option to set an Add-on’s price by specifying a discrete dollar amount to be discounted, a percentage discount, or by simply choosing a final price. You can also add/remove an Add-on to/from the package offering.
In this section, specify whether you would like to require payment from customers booking via checkout, or not.
If you’d like to allow customers to place a down deposit when booking this package via checkout, follow these steps:
- Check the box, Enable deposit payments.
- Specify how far in advance the event's start time must be in order to allow a deposit.
- Enter in the required deposit amount. You have the option to collect:
- A dollar amount per person
- A dollar amount per checkout
- A percentage of the checkout price
Note: Customers who book online will always have the option to pay their checkout amount in full, as opposed to just the deposit amount.
Each package that you make will need to have a photo uploaded. This photo will be displayed to customers in checkout when they are making a package booking. The primary photo for each individual listing is also displayed to customers, however individual listing photos are displayed a bit less prominently than your package’s primary photo (see packages checkout).
Package photos are configured the same way that Listing photos are - check out this article for instructions on how to upload and manage photos.
When a package booking is made, only one instance of your questionnaire will be prompted post-checkout.
Questionnaires for packages are configured in the exact same way that Listing questionnaires are - check out this article for instructions on how to create and manage questionnaires.
Package Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for packages are configured in the exact same way that Listing Terms and Conditions are - check out this article for instructions on how to create and manage Terms and Conditions.
Taxes and Fees for Packages
Currently, taxes and fees for Package bookings are assessed individually per Event, according to that event's Listing configuration. So, the total Taxes and Fees charged for Package bookings will add up to the same amount that you'd see if both events were booked separately from one another (after any applicable discounts).
Note: If you are using Custom Conversion Tracking, only the first transaction in a completed checkout using Packages will be accounted for. Click here to learn more about Custom Conversion Tracking.