Trips vs. Transactions Report
- The Events Report should be used to determine where your money is coming from - which experiences, which add-ons, which affiliates, etc.
- The Transactions Report is for reconciling the money you've earned through Xola with the money that you see in your bank statements.
Cash Flow vs. Realized Earnings
- A Cash Flow Events report for range X will show all the event information for every event where the initial transaction occurred during range X.
- A Cash Flow Transactions report for range X will show all the transactions that occurred within range X.
- Wait! The revenue does not match up for range X between my Events and Transactions report!
- One event can have multiple transactions occur - For example, Alice pays a deposit in May, then she pays the rest when she arrives on site in July. The date that Alice paid her deposit may fit in range X, but the other transaction occurred outside of range X. This is why the Events Report may show a higher revenue figure than the Transactions Report for the same time period.
- A Realized Earnings Events report for range X will show all the event information for every trip that took place during range X regardless of when it was paid for.
- A Realized Earnings Transactions report will show all the transactions processed for events that took place during range X. This may include events that were paid for prior to range X.
- Wait! Some of the trips on my Realized Earnings report are outside of the event departure date! How can this be?
- Realized Earnings transactions reports are coded is with the realized date calculated on the date of the trip/arrival. If the money was collected after the date of the event, then that is the realized date. This may be the case if you are for some reason reconciling events a considerable time after an event had taken place.