Add-Ons are additional items that you sell along with a booking. These can be anything - Go Pro Cameras, water bottles, lunch, a bottle of champagne ... Totally depends on your business. Also, you can set a Pick up locations as an Add on (See below).
In Xola, Add-Ons are set on a per-listing, unlimited basis. Add-ons can be customer-facing (available to purchase during online checkout) or private (can only be added to purchase if it is a back office booking or modification).
What's covered in this article:
How to set up add ons
- Navigate to the Listing to which you'd like to offer the Add-Ons.
- Click into the Add-Ons tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click +Add.
- Fill out Add-On Name and Description
- Add a Picture for the Add On
- Click the Upload Photos button to add photos to your Add On. You can add a .jpg and .png images to each Add On with a maximum size of 500 KB
- Choose a type:
- Quantity: can be added to a booking incrementally, similar to demographics.
- Checkbox: can be added to a booking in binary fashion. If checked during the booking process, the add-on will be added.
- Dropdown list: create a list of options to choose from at time of booking (each with different prices, if you'd like). Only one option can be chosen.
- You can drag and reorder the list to appear in the order you would like, by clicking the three lines and dragging it.
- You can choose which dropdown add-on you would like to be the default item shown during checkout.
- This will show the customer your default add-on, instead of showing the words "choose an option"
- Set a Price:
- Quantity add-ons can have a single price "per quantity". The add-on's final price will depend on the quantity chosen.
- Checkbox add-ons and dropdown list options can be priced either as a discrete dollar amount or as a percentage of the bookings demographic total (before other add-ons and before any applicable taxes and fees).
- Private add-ons: If you do not want this add-on to appear during online checkout, tick off "Do not show this add-on for customers checking out via the Book Now button". This add-on will only show in back office bookings or when modifying a booking.
- Required: You have the option to make quantity and dropdown type add-ons "required", meaning customers must choose an option in order to proceed with their booking. Reservationists may skip these.
- Reorder: You can drag and reorder the the Add-ons to appear in the order you would by clicking and holding down the three lines on the left side of the add on and dragging it to your desired order.
- Click Save.
To edit or delete an add-on, hover over the row of the add-on in question and click either Edit Add-On or Delete.
Add-ons as Pick Up Location
- For pick up locations only a Dropdown list can be used: create a list of options to choose from at time of booking. Only one option can be chosen.
- Set a Price: If you charge for pick up you can set the price, or make it $0 or 0% of the booking if needed
- Check the box to enable the settings to make Pick Up Location.
- Note: Using pickup location in add-ons will ensure that location information in the confirmation emails is correct and it will display this add-on on the roster.
Add-ons + taxes & fees
You can decide whether or not to apply Taxes & Fees to Add-ons by navigating to Settings > Taxes & Fees. Click here for more on configuring your Taxes & Fees.