Add-Ons are additional items that you sell along with a booking. These can be anything - Go Pro Cameras, water bottles, lunch, a bottle of champagne ... Totally depends on your business.
In Xola, Add-Ons are set on a per-listing, unlimited basis. Add-ons can be customer-facing (available to purchase during online checkout) or private (can only be added to purchase if it is a back office booking or modification).
- Navigate to the Listing to which you'd like to offer the Add-Ons.
- Click into the Add-Ons tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click +Add.
- Fill out Add-On Name and Description
- Choose a type:
- Quantity: can be added to a booking incrementally, similar to demographics.
- Checkbox: can be added to a booking in binary fashion. If checked during the booking process, the add-on will be added.
- Dropdown list: create a list of options to choose from at time of booking (each with different prices, if you'd like). Only one option can be chosen.
- Set a Price:
- Quantity add-ons can have a single price "per quantity". The add-on's final price will depend on the quantity chosen.
- Checkbox add-ons and dropdown list options can be priced either as a discrete dollar amount or as a percentage of the bookings demographic total (before other add-ons and before any applicable taxes and fees).
- Private add-ons: If you do not want this add-on to appear during online checkout, tick off "Do not show this add-on for customers checking out via the Book Now button". This add-on will only show in back office bookings or when modifying a booking.
- Required: You have the option to make quantity and dropdown type add-ons "required", meaning customers must choose an option in order to proceed with their booking. Reservationists may skip these.
- Click Save.
To edit or delete an add-on, hover over the row of the add-on in question and click either Edit Add-On or Delete.
Add-ons + taxes & fees
You can decide whether or not to apply Taxes & Fees to Add-ons by navigating to Settings > Taxes & Fees. Click here for more on configuring your Taxes & Fees.