You can easily add a gift or store credit code to a purchase during checkout. If the customer has reserved but not yet paid in full, you can also add a gift or store credit code to their booking.
If the customer has paid in full and wants to apply a gift or store credit code, you should cancel and refund the booking, and re-book the customer using the code.
Add a Gift or Store Credit Code Before Checkout
- Proceed with checkout as usual.
- Under the payment summary, click "Have a code?".
- Enter in the gift or store credit code.
- You'll see the discount break out as it's own line item and the price of the booking reduced accordingly.
- Proceed with payment.
Add Gift or Store Credit Code to an Existing Booking
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase. Verify that the customer has not yet paid for this experience.
- Below the Payment Summary, click the Add code. A window will open with a drop-down menu and the customer’s payment summary.
- Type in the recipient's gift code that was generated in the gift or credit confirmation email.
- Select the code from the list or if you've typed it in, hit Enter on your keyboard. You'll see the code applied and it will appear in the payment summary.
- Click Apply Code.
- Depending on the amount of the purchase and the gift certificate, you will either see a Collect Balance button or that the purchase reflects "Paid" with no further actions.
- By selecting or deselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating that the coupon has been applied and the balance adjusted.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.