You've booked a customer, and now you need to add a charge to their booking. No worries, Xola makes this super simple! In just a few clicks on the Modifications Banner, you'll be able to add a charge to a purchase with no hassle.
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click Charge.
- In the Amount field, type in the exact monetary amount you would like to charge your customer.
- In the Reason field, type in the reason for this charge (tip, damage fee, etc).
- Click Add Charge. In the window that appears, select the method of payment, and click the green Collect button. If you choose not to collect the full amount of the charge right away, the booking will reflect a balance or refund due.
- You will see the charge reflected under Payment Summary and in the Timeline.
A lot of Xola customers use the Charge feature for adding tips onto a purchase. Xola does not formally track which guide receives a tip, but we do recommend that you tag the purchase with something like "Tip - Name of guide". This way, when you export your Transactions Report, you'll see the amount of the tip and the guide who received it.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email about this charge.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.
- This charge has no effect on the taxes or fees set for this purchase.