You've booked a customer, and now they want to change the date or time of their experience. No worries, Xola makes this a swift and easy process! In just a few clicks on the Modifications Banner you'll be able to change the date and / or time of your customer's experience.
Change Date & Time
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click Arrival.
- In the Change Arrival window, click the date field for the date picker and select the new date and time. Need a special date and time? Read about Timeslots-on-the-Fly.
- Click Change Arrival.
- The new arrival date and or time will be reflected under Booking Details.
Note: If a guest was checked in or marked as a no-show the new arrival time in the dashboard will not carry that same status, and that action will need to be re-taken if necessary.
Timeslot-on-the-fly: A timeslot added by a Xola user for a particular date and time that is not part of any weekly or custom schedule. For more information on timeslots-on-the-fly, click here.
- When choosing a new date and time, click the blue hyperlinked +Add a new timeslot.
- In the window that appears, pick the date and time of this new timeslot, adjust the capacity, and click Create.
Oops! If you created a timeslot-on-the-fly in error or it's no longer valid, navigate to the timeslot in the dashboard. Hover in the top left corner and click the Delete button that appears.
- By selecting or deselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email regarding this change.
- If there is any difference in price between the new and original date and time, Xola will help you reconcile by automatically creating a balance due or an option to refund excess payment. If you choose not to collect or refund the full amount right away, the booking will contain a green Collect Balance or Refund Excess Payment button.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.