You've booked a customer into one experience...and now they want to entirely switch to another! No worries, Xola makes this a swift and easy process! In just a few clicks on the Modifications Banner you'll be able to change a customer from one experience into another with no hassle.
Switch the Experience
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click Switch.
- On the left side of the window is the customer's current experience, and to the right are all the other listings you have on offer.
- Select the listing that the customer would like to switch into. The right side of the window will change to display that experience, the date picker, and the current booking and payment details for this customer purchase.
- Select the date and time of the new experience.
- Click Save Changes.
- The Modifications Banner will show the photo and title of the new experience, and you’ll see a record of the switch in the Timeline as well as any new transactional information under Payment Summary.
Note: If a guest was checked in or marked as a no-show the new arrival time in the dashboard will not carry that same status, and that action will need to be re-taken if necessary.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating them of this switch.
- Xola will help you reconcile any differences in price between the new and original experience by automatically creating a balance due or an option to refund excess payment. If you choose not to collect or refund the full amount right away, the booking will ontain a green Collect Balance or Refund Excess Payment button.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.