Whether you're looking to redeem a gift certificate, apply a discount coupon, use an Affiliate code, or use a customer's store credit, there's a code for that! With the code in hand, it's easy to redeem it in a Xola back office booking or during online checkout.
What's covered in this article:
- Setting up the different types of Codes
- How to apply a Code during booking
- Add a Code to an existing Purchase
- How to remove a code from a booking
Setting up the different types of Codes
Click the link below to find an article on how to set up the different Codes:
How to apply a Code during booking
- During back office or online checkout, select "Have a code?" at checkout.
- Enter in the appropriate code when prompted.
- Click Pay.
Note: If multiple codes are applied, it will break out as separate line items in the customer's Payment Summary.
- Certain Tags are auto-generated into the Tags & Internal Notes section of the customer purchase. These tags are searchable in the Purchases tab and in your exported reports.
Add a Code to an existing Purchase
You've processed a customer booking, and now they want to apply a coupon, affiliate, voucher or gift code. No worries! Xola will help you easily apply this code and adjust the booking's value.
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- Below the Payment Summary, click Add code. A window will open displaying a drop-down menu and the customer’s payment summary.
- Click the drop-down to view all the coupon and affiliate codes for this account, or type in the code to search.
- Select the code from the list or if you've typed it in, hit Enter on your keyboard. You'll see the code applied and appearing in the Payment Summary.
- Click Apply Code.
- Click the Return Payment button to finalize this transaction. The code will be recorded in the Payment Summary and in the Timeline of the customer purchase.
Note: If you add an affiliate code you'll be asked to put in an affiliate deposit. If your affiliate does not take a deposit, type in '0'.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating that the coupon has been applied and the balance adjusted.
- If you choose not to issue the refund for the difference right away, the booking will the booking will contain a green Refund Excess Payment button.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.
How to remove a Code from a Booking
Whoops! Maybe you applied a coupon by mistake or entered in the wrong affiliate code. In Xola you can remove a code just as easily as you can add one. Details below!
- In the Purchases tab, navigate to the customer purchase.
- Locate the code that was applied (coupon or affiliate) under the Payment Summary.
- Hover your mouse over the code and click the red X that appears.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to remove this coupon. Click Confirm.
- The code will be removed from the customer purchase. If it is a coupon code or an affiliate code with a discount associated, the price will adjust accordingly.