Someone calls to make a booking, or even yet, walks in without making a reservation beforehand. Xola is able to accommodate such situations, by allowing you to make a booking from your Xola Dashboard. The steps below detail how to make a back office booking in Xola, accept and process payment.
Making a Booking
- From the Dashboard or Purchases tab, click the green Book button and choose an experience to book.
- Once you select the Experience the customer would like to book, this will take you to the Reservation page.
- Enter Booking Details
- Number of Guests
- Event Date & Time
Pro Tip: Don’t see the time that you need? Select add a new timeslot to create a new one!
- Customer Name
- Customer Email
- Customer Phone
Pro Tip: Want to look up a past guest to book? Click on the magnifying glass next to Guest name to search for your guests.
- Now Review the Reservation Details
- Select Add-Ons, if applicable
- Apply code (optional): Click here to learn how to set up codes for discounts, deals, gifts, and affiliates.
- Optionally choose to Add Custom Charge or Modify Taxes and Fees.
- Next, choose whether to Collect a Deposit, Split Payment, Invoice or take Payment.
Enter Payment Details
- If taking payment, select payment method: (Credit Card, Cash, Check, Send an Invoice, Pay Later, Other).
Check: If your customer is paying by check, we recommend noting the check number in the comment section
Invoice: This allows you send your customer an Invoice for the reservation, that can be paid for by them at a different time.
Pay Later: This allows the customer to reserve their spot without collecting any payment. You can later go into the customer purchase, in the Purchases tab to collect on the balance.
Other: This can be any payment method your business takes other than what was already mentioned, like PayPal, bitcoin, Venmo. This would have been set up while you were setting up your account payment details.
Pro Tip: Notice the Do not charge card now box under the Pay button: This will store your customer's card information but will not yet charge the customer. You can later go into the customer purchase to collect on the balance.
- Next, add a Booking Note (optional) - This will appear on the event's roster in the Booking Notes section.
- Click Pay or if adding another expereince to the same booking, you can hit the Add Another Expereince button.
- Add Another Expereince Tip: The customer will receive separate confirmation emails for each separate experience booked. This is to ensure you are able to make changes to one booking without it affecting another.
Note: After accepting payment, depending on the Post-Booking Action Preferences configured in your Settings, you will be prompted to complete the listing's questionnaire (if applicable), taken to the Purchases tab page, or to your Dashboard.