In Xola there are four different types of coupons that you can make - Discount, Voucher, BOGO, and Unlock Coupons. Discount Coupons are your traditional dollar amount or percentage off coupons, while Unlock Coupons allow you to specify the booking total yourself during checkout. Coupon discounts are always applied to your booking total before tax.
Creating a Coupon Campaign
1. Choose Coupon
- Navigate to the Marketing tab and select Coupons.
- Select the green Create New Coupon button, located on the righthand side of the screen.
- Choose which type of coupon you'd like to make. Don't know which to choose? Click here.
Note that if you're creating an Unlock Coupon, you won't need to set Terms.
- In the Campaign field, give your coupon campaign a name. This name will not affect your coupon's code.
- If you'd like to automatically generate a tag for bookings made with a code from this campaign, you can designate tags in the Tag bookings with field.
- Choose your coupons Terms
- Dollar Amount Off: You can choose to discount a dollar amount per person, or to take off a set dollar amount per booking.
- Percentage Off: Designate a percentage of the booking total to discount. This can only be applied on a per-booking basis.
Here you can limit how and when your coupon code will be able to be applied.
- Purchase Window: Limits the dates within which this coupon can be applied to a booking.
- Example: You want to make a coupon that can only be redeemed during the month of November. After November is over, you don't want customers to be able to apply the code anymore. Here you would set your start date to 1 November and your end date to 30 November.
- Blackout dates: by adding a blackout date, you can specify dates and times that the coupon cannot be redeemed.
- Arrival Window: Limits the start date and start time of the events that this coupon can be applied to.
- Example: You want to incentivize customers to book trips that occur next summer, so you would set your start date to 1 June and your end date to 31 August of next year. You can specify even further by placing restrictions on which day of the week and time of day your coupon can apply to.
- Blackout dates: by adding a blackout date, you can specify event start dates and start times that the coupon cannot be redeemed.
- Listing Restriction: Your coupon's terms and restrictions will only be applied to listings selected here.
Here you'll create the actual code that must be entered while making a booking to provide the discount you have just created.
- Type your desired code text into the box, it can contain any combination of letters, numbers and special characters. Your code may not contain any spaces. You can create more than one code for the same coupon campaign.
- Choose between One Time Use, Limited Use, and Unlimited Use.
- After a One Time Use coupon is applied to a booking, its status will change from 'Active' to 'Void' and will not be able to be used again.
- If you select Limited use, the number you specify as the usage limit will be the maximum number of times that each code in your campaign can be used.