Booking someone for a trip that has a high ticket price, or that is scheduled far into the future? Whatever the reason, here's how to collect a down deposit in during a back office Xola booking.
Looking to configure deposits for a listing? Check out Down Deposits in the Listings section.
Take a Deposit Payment
- Make a booking in Xola as usual.
- After filling out the customer information and selecting the date and time, tick the Collect a Deposit box.
- Enter Deposit Details
- Booking Total: This will default to the total as defined by your Listing pricing. However, you have the option to change the booking total in this field.
- Deposit Amount: The amount to be collected right now.
- Balance: Here you can designate when the rest of the booking total will be due (note: Xola will not automatically collect this balance, the date you specify here will serve as a reminder in your Pending Action Queue)
- Review booking details and click Pay.
The customer purchase will reflect that there is an open balance to be settled. You can collect on the balance at any time by clicking the Collect Balance button in the purchase.