You may have Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) that you want your guests to read and/or agree to before booking and coming for your experience. In Xola's Global Settings you're able to paste in not only your T&Cs in that heavy legalese, but you can even include a reader friendly version that's easier for us plebeians to understand. Best thing about Xola Terms and Conditions? You can require your customers to agree to them before completing their booking.
The following details how to set up Terms and Conditions in Global Settings, meaning you'll have one set of T&Cs that apply to all your listings. For details on how to set up Listing-Specific T&Cs, click here.
What's covered in this article:
Set Your Terms and Conditions
- Navigate to the Listings tab and select Global Settings.
- In the drop-down, select Global Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Full Legal Text of your T&Cs in the first text box.
- Optional: If you'd like to summarize or paraphrase the legal text for your customers, enter the terms in the Human Friendly text box as well.
- Optional: If you want your customers to manually agree to these T&Cs before they pay, tick the box "Force customer to agree in order to complete the booking".
- Click Save.
Note that on the lefthand side, Xola will tell you if any listings have Listing-Specific T&Cs that override the Global. Right now, you can see that this is the case for the 1970s, Times Square listing in the Popspots account.
The Customer Experience
If you do not tick the "Force customer to agree..." box, your customers will have the option to click the Terms and Conditions that appears at checkout. When clicked, the T&Cs will appear in a pop-up window (pictured below). If customers do not click, no T&Cs will appear and they will not need to agree to anything before payment.
If you do tick the "Force customer to agree..." box, the Terms and Conditions pop-up box will appear after the customer clicks Pay. The customer will need to agree for their payment to be processed and their reservation to be made.