Questionnaires collect additional information from your customers after they complete checkout. What is included in the Questionnaire is completely customizable, and it can be set up as Global or Listing-Specific. A Questionnaire can be skipped in the back office by a Xola user (it can always be updated in the customer purchase), but customers must complete them if they book through your website checkout.
The following details how to set up a Questionnaire in Global Settings, meaning you'll have one Questionnaire that prompts for all your various listings. For details on how to set up a Listing-Specific Questionnaire, click here.
Enable the Questionnaire
To enable a Global Questionnaire:
- Navigate to the Listings tab and select Global Settings.
- In the drop-down, select Global Questionnaire.
- Customize to your needs. See below!
- Post Booking: Filled out after a booking is made by the guest
- Per guest: One questionnaire is filled out per guest.
- Per booking: One questionnaire is filled out per booking.
- In Xola Waiver: Will show up in the Xola Waiver you created.
- To learn more more about setting up Xola Waivers, click here.
Fields (meant for shorter responses)
- Drag and drop available fields into the questionnaire.
- Drag the custom field into the questionnaire and create your own field.
- Make the field Required (select asterisk icon), Included on the roster (select clipboard icon), and/or Asked only to the trip organizer (select person icon).
- If you have In Xola Waivers selected it will show Minors and Adults as fields.
- You can choose who you want to answer those questions on the waiver.
Questions (meant for longer responses)
- Click the red +Custom Question button to add a short-response text question.
- Make the field required (select asterisk icon), included on the roster (select clipboard icon), and/or asked only to the trip organizer (select person icon).
- Text: The customer types in a response.
- Dropdown: Create and edit your own dropdown menu for customers to choose from.
- Opt-In Checkbox: Add a custom link, give it a description, and Xola will hyperlink it to that website. Great for newsletter and update opt-ins as well as privacy policies or additional terms and conditions.
- If you use the Google Calendar sync and have Pickup Location as a questionnaire field, the Pickup Location for your guests will be included in the events that show up in your GCal
- Need to sum the weights of all guests in your trip? Add a Weight field and tick the "Sum total weights" box. All weights input into the questionnaire will appear summed in the Roster.