Xola currently handles all credit card dispute processes for all sellers on our Stripe account. The purpose of this article is to provide you with an overview of our current process from the moment the dispute is filed to the final decision from the bank.
Xola’s Dispute Process
- If you are a customer on Xola’s Stripe account and a customer disputes a charge, you will see that the funds and applicable fees are deducted from your Xola balance at the time the dispute is filed. We will send you an email notifying you of the chargeback and asking you to submit further evidence if you have it (see the sample email below).
- Depending on the type of chargeback filed, Xola’s Support team will submit the necessary evidence to Stripe on your behalf. This includes confirmation emails, cancellation policies, receipts, terms of service and any additional pieces of proof (email correspondences, video footage, etc) that you supply us with by emailing email@example.com.
- Stripe will then pass on the evidence and case to the credit card holder’s bank. While we go above and beyond to collect and submit as much evidence as possible, it is ultimately the issuing bank who will make the final decision.
The deadlines for responding to disputes are short, so we do ask that you reply to our notification within three days if you would like us to include it.
- If the dispute is resolved in your favor, the funds and fee will then be added back to your Xola balance at the time of resolution and we will notify you of the decision by email. We will also notify you via email.
- If the dispute is resolved in favor of the credit card holder, then there are no further actions from Xola.
Sample "Dispute Filed" email from Xola to Seller
Subject: You have a credit card dispute for $$$$
We're sorry to report that one of your customers has disputed a $$ charge. The credit card processor has deducted this amount and a chargeback fee of $15 from your account balance.
Our dispute resolution team will challenge this dispute by submitting evidence on your behalf. If the dispute is resolved in your favor this amount will be returned to you at the time of resolution.
If you have any questions about this or would like to submit special evidence please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or just reply to this email.
Here's some more details about the charge that was disputed:
Trip name: <experience name>
Booked on: <order creation date localized>
Arrival date: <arrival date & time localized>
Booking link: <URL to booking details page>
Dispute type: <dispute type>
Please read this article for more information about Disputes.