It's important to reduce guest quantity and not issue a refund when a guest cancels or does not show up as part of a group. This will maintain your proper guest records and allow you the option of refunding in full, in partial, or not at all.
Reduce Guest Quantity
Please note that when issuing credit card refunds, you may not refund a customer more than the amount originally charged on their credit card.
- Navigate to the Purchases tab and into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click the Refund button.
- Select Reduce guest count.
- Use the minus button to bring guest count as needed.
- In the Refund menu, keep Full for a full refund, select Partial for a partial refund, or select None for no refund at all. If you are issuing a partial refund, enter in the appropriate amount to be refunded.
- Click Save Changes.
- Select the Method of payment with which to issue the refund.
- Make sure that Reduce Guest Quantity appears in the Comment field.
- Click Return Payment.