In Xola, Returning Payment Only means returning money to a customer in order to collect that money in another form of payment or from another customer. This does not decrease the total booking value.
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, select Refund.
- Select Return Payment Only.
- Enter in the exact amount of money you would like to return to this customer.
- Select the method of payment with which you would like to return the money to this customer.
- Add a reason for this return of payment in the Comment field.
- Click Return Payment.
- Under the Payment Summary column, you will see that a balance has opened for the exact amount that you returned to the customer.
- Click the green Collect Balance button. You can collect money from the same customer via a different payment method or from another customer entirely.
Tip - Split Payments: For group outings, one customer may put the entire cost on his or her credit card. In the situation where the group shows up and each guest wants to pay their share, you'll want to use the Return Payment Only option. This way you can send money back to the original paying customer and collect on the balance that opens up from the individual guest paying.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating them of this return.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.