In Xola, Returning Payment Only means returning money to a customer in order to collect that money in another form of payment or from another customer. This does not decrease the total booking value.
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, select Refund.
- Select Return Payment Only.
- Enter in the exact amount of money you would like to return to this customer.
- Select the method of payment with which you would like to return the money to this customer.
- Add a reason for this return of payment in the Comment field.
- Click Return Payment.
- Under the Payment Summary column, you will see that a balance has opened for the exact amount that you returned to the customer.
- Click the green Collect Balance button. You can collect money from the same customer via a different payment method or from another customer entirely.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating them of this return.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.