In Xola, a refund means decreasing the total booking value and returning full or partial payment to the customer.
Issue a Refund
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click Refund.
- Select Reduce booking value and return payment.
- For a full refund, ensure the full amount is populated in the Amount field. For a partial refund, enter in the exact amount to be refunded.
- Select the method of payment with which you would like to refund this customer.
- Enter in the reason for this refund in the Comment field.
- Click the Refund button.
- The refund will be reflected under Payment Summary and in the Timeline.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email about this refund.
- Issuing a partial refund will not adjust the taxes and fees on a purchase.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.