Does weather cast a big cloud on your business? Whether it’s a big storm or someone simply can’t make it, Xola allows you to raincheck your customers in the form of store credit. You can then easily add a store credit code to a purchase during checkout.
What's covered in this article:
- Issuing Store Credit
- Customer communication
- Customer Record
Issuing Store Credit
- Navigate to the customer purchase in the Purchases tab.
- If you are issuing store credit for an entire booking, click Cancel below the Payment Summary and confirm. If you are issuing store credit for a partial booking, click Refund in the Modifications Banner.
- Select the store credit icon and click Return Payment.
- You'll see the Timeline, Purchases tab, Customers tab, and Gifts/Store Credit tab update to reflect this credit.
As soon as you issue the credit to your customer, they'll receive an email very similar to a gift certificate email. Instructions on how to use the store credit are included, and the customer will be taken right back to your website upon clicking the Book Now button.
The Purchases, Customers, and Gifts/Store Credit tabs will all update to reflect this store credit. In the Gifts/Store Credit tab, you can click into the customer credit to Adjust Funds, Refund, or Adjust Balance, just like with a gift certificate.
Adding a Gift or Store Credit Code Before Checkout
- Proceed with checkout as usual.
- Under the payment summary, click "Have a code?".
- Enter in the gift or store credit code.
- You'll see the discount break out as it's own line item and the price of the booking reduced accordingly.
- Proceed with payment.
Adding a Gift or Store Credit Code to an Existing Booking
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase. Verify that the customer has not yet paid for this experience.
- Below the Payment Summary, click the Add code. A window will open with a drop-down menu and the customer’s payment summary.
- Type in the recipient's gift code that was generated in the gift or credit confirmation email.
- Select the code from the list or if you've typed it in, hit Enter on your keyboard. You'll see the code applied and it will appear in the payment summary.
- Click Apply Code.
- Depending on the amount of the purchase and the gift certificate, you will either see a Collect Balance button or that the purchase reflects "Paid" with no further actions.
- If the customer has paid in full and wants to apply a store credit code, you should cancel and refund the booking, and re-book the customer using the code.
- By selecting or deselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating that the coupon has been applied and the balance adjusted.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.