Xola makes it easy for you to sell gift certificates to your customers to give to the people they care about. Each gift certificate generates its own gift code that the gift recipient can use during online checkout.
You can apply a gift code to a customer booking, provided that customer has not yet paid in full. If the customer has paid in full and wants to apply a coupon code, you should cancel and refund the booking, and re-book the customer using the gift code.
Add Gift Code
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase. Verify that the customer has not yet paid for this experience.
- Below the Payment Summary, click the Add code. A window will open with a drop-down menu and the customer’s payment summary.
- Type in the recipient's gift code that was generated in the gift confirmation email.
- Select the code from the list or if you've typed it in, hit Enter on your keyboard. You'll see the code applied and it will appear in the payment summary.
- Click Apply Code.
- Depending on the amount of the purchase and the gift certificate, you will either see a Collect Balance button or that the purchase reflects "Paid" with no further actions.
- By selecting or deselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email updating that the coupon has been applied and the balance adjusted.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.