You may process multiple credit cards or payment methods on one purchase. The steps below detail details how to refund payment on a purchase manually or simply by using the "Automatic Split Refund" selector.
Refund Multiple Cards
- Click into a purchase where two or more customers have paid.
- Click Refund in the modifications banner.
- In the window that opens, enter in the amount that you want to refund the first customer in the Amount field.
- In the drop-down under Method, select the credit card to which you would like to return this money. If you are returning money to this customer via another payment method, you can select that as well.
- Click the green Refund button. You’ll immediately see the balance adjust in the purchase to reflect this partial refund.
- Click Refund again in the modifications banner.
- Type in the rest of the balance to return to the other customer.
- Select this customer's card from the drop down. If you are returning money to this customer via another payment method, you can select that as well.
- Click the green Refund button.
Tip! If you're going to be evening splitting payment amongst two or more cards, simply keep "Automatic Split Refund" to have Xola do the math for you.