You may have purchases with open balances for a number of reasons.
- A purchase was made using deposit workflows from either your website or your back office.
- A purchase was made via the back office using the "Pay Later" payment method.
- A purchase was made via the back office using a credit card, but with the "Do not charge card now" box ticked.
- An online booking was manually accepted with the "Do not charge card now" option selected.
- A purchase has had additional charges added or modifications made (ie, adjusting guest count, adding a charge, or switching experiences) , but payment for those has not yet been collected.
All collection of open balances is manual and can be initiated at your discretion.
Collect an Open Balance
- As soon as a balance opens, a green Collect Balance button will appear in the customer purchase.
- Click Collect Balance.
- In the window that opens, the Amount To Collect field will default to the full amount of the balance. If you're collecting the full balance, simply choose the method of payment and click Collect. If you only want to collect a partial amount, type in the amount, choose the payment method, and then click Collect.
- You’ll immediately see the balance adjust in the purchase to reflect full or partial settling.