A tag is a word or phrase added to a purchase that can be used when searching and filtering through the Purchases tab. When you type the tag into the search bar, it will bring up all purchases that have been tagged with that tag. A tag may be auto-generated by Xola or added in manually after a purchase has been made.
Xola auto-generates tags for for purchases in the following circumstances:
- An Affiliate code is used (“Affiliate” + affiliate code)
- A Gift Certificate code is redeemed (“Gift” + gift code)
- A booking is rescued via lost lead recapture/abandoned booking (“Rescue”)
- A booking is made on a mobile device (“Mobile”)
- A book is made through Book Now buttons on a third-party website (URL of website)
Adding a tag to a purchase
If you want to add a custom tag to a purchase, click into the field “Add a tag or internal note” and type in the tag. Click your keyboard's Enter key to finish tagging the purchase.
For example, if several members of a local retirement home book separately for the same trip, you could tag all those purchases with the tag "Retirement home outing". When you type in “Retirement home outing”, it will filter down your scroll tab to display only those purchases carrying that tag. A great feature for birthday parties, bachelor/ette parties, scout groups, field trips, and more!
Where do tags appear?
Tags appear in the “Add a tag or internal note” field inside a purchase. When you export your Transactions or your Orders, there is a Tag column that will include whatever tag or notes you have included for that purchase.