In Xola, a refund means decreasing a customer's balance either in partial or in full for their payment.
If you want to issue a refund due to a decrease in guest count or add-ons, make sure to either Modify Guest Count or Modify Add-Ons from the Modification Banner. This way it will be sure to take into account taxes and fees regarding guests and additional items.
Issue a Refund
- In the Purchases tab, navigate into the customer purchase.
- From the Modifications Banner, click Refund.
- In the Amount field, put in the exact monetary amount you would like to refund this customer.
- Select the method of payment with which you would like to refund this customer.
- In the Reason field, type in the reason that you are refunding this customer.
- Click the Refund button.
- The refund will be reflected under Payment Summary and in the Timeline.
- By selecting or unselecting the Notify box, you can choose whether you would like to send your customer an email about this refund.
- Issuing a partial refund will not adjust the taxes and fees on a purchase.
- If you select the Check or Other payment method, this will not initiate a transfer of funds. For example, if you choose the Check option you must still write the customer a check - Xola will not produce this check.